Hope you all are having a great Friday evening. I wanted to share a project that I did a couple of weekends ago at the scrapbook retreat. Miss Jennifer, Miss Shari Carroll and I all played with some canvases that Jennifer had brought along for the weekend. By the way, ladies, how are your canvases coming along? I wanna see!!!
I decided to use my project for a fun NSD/weekend challenge over at 2peas. Check it outHERE.
To create the canvas, first I pilfered some old book paper from my pal, Shari. I glued it to the canvas with the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium and just before it was completely dry (I sped up the drying process with a heat embossing gun), I tore some of the paper off, leaving some reversed images, frayed edges, etc.
After I had covered the canvas (and sanded it down really well) I used a watered down paint to distress the background.
I die cut some butterflies using the Stampin' Up butterfly die and some Ranger Sticky-back Canvas (um, that stuff is amazing. I need some bad. Sweet Jana was nice enough to give me some of hers to create with. (Thank you again Jana!) I also played with lots and lots of lovely paint goodness from Claudine Hellmuth's Ranger line. Can I just say...I want it all. The paints are incredibly yummy. :)
After the paint on the butterflies dried, I stamped on them with Hero Arts background stamps using a resist ink and then did a wash over the top (can't remember the exact title of the technique) that "resisted" the stamped image. I love tone on tone so my resist is a very subtle effect.
The title was die cut using patterned paper and the Silhouette. Then I just glued the title in place and adhered the butterflies, placing pop dots under the wings for dimension and sewing buttons in the centers.
Play along with the NSD challenge at 2peas if you can (now thru Sunday evening). I will be randomly choosing one lucky winner of some fun scrap goodies from one of the sponsors!