Ever since I saw these darling December Calendar Print & Cut designs for the Silhouette I knew I wanted to create some sort of a wall project with them. I could have just used 1-25 for an advent calendar but I loved all 31 designs so I included the whole month in this custom frame I created for the Silhouette Blog. Add a vinyl die cut design to the wall and this is the final result.
- Each of the squares is 2" x 2" (I cut 48 - 2" squares from different Making Memories patterned papers) and I simply adhered them to the back of the frame.
- I wanted to be able to use this frame year after year so in the Craft Robo software, I removed the optional days of the week from each Print & Cut design before printing. This is a great option if you want to customize these designs year after year...they aren't for this year only!
- I adhered each of the Silhouette Print & Cut designs using foam dot adhesive. The dimension in real life really just makes the designs "pop"!
- I added a few gems and rub-ons to several of the squares.
- I used a MM die cut in the center of the piece, adhered directly to the background. There's quite a bit going on in this design so I kept the "extra's" to a minimum.
- I added just a few clear buttons to some of the squares with poinsettias.
I broke it down into steps:
- Open Print & Cut designs in Craft Robo software (no resizing was necessary for this project).
- Print designs (I use Epson Luster Photo Paper for a nice crisp, clean image with no bleed).
- Cut designs (I run mine through twice to get a nice clean cut through the photo paper). *tip* Use a new (or clean) cutting mat for best results.
- Cut 48 - 2" squares from patterned papers (see list below for papers used).
- Adhere squares to background of frame (the opening of my frame is 16"x 20". The actual frame is bigger.
- Adhere dates using foam adhesive for dimension.
- Apply rub-ons (I just added a flourish and a couple of snowflakes to 3 of the number shapes).
- Add gemstones (I used several round ones and a couple of stars) to several of the designs.
- Thread string through clear buttons and adhere to paper squares.
- Put frame/glass back together and hang on the wall.
- Die cut "Merry & Bright" using black and cream vinyl and adhere above frame on the wall.
Silhouette Print & Cut Designs:
Silhouette Die Cut Design:
- Poinsettia Flocked Mistletoe Paper by Making Memories
- Icon Dot Mistletoe Paper by Making Memories
- Argyle Mistletoe Paper by Making Memories
- Cardinal Mistletoe Paper by Making Memories
- Slice 8x8 Ledger Pad by Making Memories
- Rub-ons (Making Memories)
- Die Cut (Making Memories)
- Clear Gemstones by Hero Arts
- Star Gemstones (KI Memories)
- Clear Buttons (CTMH)
- Black 1/2Inch Foam Squares 88/Pkg
- Cream Adhesive Vinyl by Silhouette
- Black Adhesive Vinyl by Silhouette
- SD Digital Craft Cutting Tool by Silhouette
Have a great Thursday!