It's time for another Inspiration Week brought to you by Lawn Fawn.
Today the Design Team is focusing on the new On the Mend Stamp Set.
On the Mend has the most adorable images and phrases for all those get well cards and projects. I fell in love with the cute little turtle. I colored and cut him out before adhering him to some die cut labels (My Favorite Things) and added googly eyes to give him some whimsical character. The rich purples and greens give this card a more elegant feel that makes it perfect for a child or an adult.
To create my card:
- I first cut the Plum Pudding Papertrey Ink cardstock in half (4.25x11) and scored it in the middle at 5.5".
- I cut the Rustic White PTI cardstock to 3.75x5.5", distressed the edges and adhered it to the card front.
- I cut the Simply Chartreuse PTI cardstock to 3.5x5.5" and stamped images from Lawn Fawn's Petite Florals stamp set in the lower right corner and upper left corner using Stampin' Up's Kiwi Kiss Ink for a tone on tone look and adhered the piece to the card.
- Next, I used the My Favorite Things Die-namics Layered Labels Dies to die cut Plum Pudding, Royal Velvet and Lavender Moon PTI cardstock. I adhered the Royal Velvet label to the card base and then the Plum Pudding label.
- I layered Simply Chartreuse Saddle Stitch Ribbon and Plum Pudding Topnotch Twill PTI Ribbons, notching the ends and sewing Doodlebug Buttons to each end.
- I stamped the Lawn Fawn On the Mend Turtle in the center of the Lavender Moon die cut using black ink and then stamped the greeting using Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Up Ink. I drew "stitching lines around the perimeter with a white pen.
- I stamped the turtle on white Neenah cardstock and colored him in with Copics, then cut him out and adhered him to the label. I glued on googly eyes and adhered the label with foam adhesive.
SUPPLIES (click on photos for links):
Check out the rest of the Lawn Fawn Design Team's samples HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with another Lawn Fawn Stamped Card. See you then!