Welcome to the 2012 Hero Arts Catalog Blog Hop!
I have a lot going on here on the blog today, if you're looking for last minute gift giving projects featuring Kerri Bradford + Lori Whitlock designs (and a GIVEAWAY), click HERE. Otherwise, read on for the Hero Arts 2012 Catalog Blog Hop!
The new Hero Arts catalog is always my favorite to peruse each year and I am so tickled to share with you a couple of card samples featuring a few of the new 2012 stamps!
First, how about a gorgeous new floral stamp all colored in with Copic Markers and distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks? I chose colors of markers to compliment the patterned papers and I love how this gorgeous flower turned out!
Card How To:
- Trim patterned papers and punch borders and assemble background as shown. Add distressing with Studio Calico White Mister Huey Ink. Set aside to dry.
- Die cut a Tim Holtz Styled Label from Neenah Solar White Cardstock using a Sizzix Big Shot.
- Stamp the new Classic Tea Flower stamp on the label using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Color in the flower with the base color R14 Light Rouge.
5. Add shading to the flower with R17 Lipstick Orange, R35 Coral and R37 Carmine.
6. Blend together with R14 to even out colors.
7. Color in leaves and stem of flower with base color YG21 Anise.
8. Add shading to the stem and leaves with YG23 New Leaf and YG25 Celadon Green.
9. Stamp over the entire design with the Hero Arts Thank You Definition using Antique Linen Distress Ink.
10. Use the ink blending tool to add Antique Linen Distress Ink over the edges of the label.
11. Use Ink Blending Tool to add Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to the edges of the label for more definition.
12. Adhere label to card base with foam adhesive.
13. Adhere twine bow to label and adhere button over the center of bow using a glue dot.
14. Stamp greeting from Hero Arts stamp set and cut out. Distress greeting with SC Clover and Clay Mister Huey Inks. Adhere to card with foam adhesive.
SUPPLIES for Thank You So Much Card:
My next card is a completely different look, very clean and modern. I chose bright colors on a white backround and I used one of the exclamation points from the stamp set to create "sun rays". I cut the buildings from the Hero Arts Newspaper Skyline background stamp and used foam adhesive to add a dimensional look to my card.
Card How To:
- Stamp greeting from Hero Arts This Is Big stamp set using SU Daffodil Delight Ink on notecard made frrom Neenah Solar White cardstock.
- Use exclamation point from the same stamp set to create sun "rays". I used the stamped greeting as a "guide" for stamping the "rays".
- Stamp the greeting again on scrap paper and punch out with a 1.25" circle punch. Set aside.
4. Emboss the font of the card to give the background some texture. I purposely stamped the sun rays first so that I got a nice clean impression.
5. Stamp Hero Arts Newspaper Skyline Background Stamp on Neenah Solar White cardstock using bright and colorful inks. Cut out buildings and adhere to card as shown using foam adhesive behind some of the buildings.
6. Adhere punched circle greeting directly over image on card background using foam adhesive.
7. Wrap ribbon around one of the buildings and tie in a bow. Secure with a dab of Glossy Accents.
8. Punch a small heart and glue to center of bow. Secure a clear heart button over punched heart with a dab of Glossy Accents.
9. Round the top right corner using 1/2" corner rounder.
SUPPLIES for You Can Do It Card:
Be sure to leave a comment on this blog post as Hero Arts will be giving away five prize packs that include brand new 2012 Catalog stamps. The five winners will be randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received by midnight PST on Monday, December 12, and will be announced on the Hero Arts blog shortly thereafter.
The next destination on the blog hop is...
You will want to be sure to check out Hero Arts' post as they are revealing the 2012 Catalog Cover and showing off all the stamps seen throughout the hop!