FYI:I am changing up the class curriculum and schedule this month. Two Peas is now carrying the Sizzix Big Shot and so I am working it into the class line up and it will be featured next month (June). I am SUPER excited about this. The Big Shot is my "go-to" manual die cutting machine. :)
This month's class is all about the Silhouette Sketch Feature.
The following information comes directly from Silhouette's website:
It holds a standard non-retractable ballpoint pen, and can be used to:
- Draw special QuicKutz Portfolio CD sketch designs
- Draw other digital designs or words instead of cutting them
- Conserve paper by test drawing designs before cutting them
- Draw journaling on paper in desired font
- Draw journaling or title on a digital design
The following compatible pen types are compatible:
- Cylindrical (or rounded) ballpoint pens: Up to 0.3 inch in diameter
- Hexagonal (or sided) ballpoint pens: Up to 0.2 inch side-to-side
Here are the class samples for May.
First, a layout, showing how to sketch regular cut Silhouette designs using the Sketch Pens:
Silhouette Images Used:
- Bits of Bella Estate Sale Collection Paper by Bella Blvd.
- Linens Estate Sale Collection Paper by Bella Blvd.
- Nana's Apron Estate Sale Collection Paper by Bella Blvd.
- Island Mist Dot 12x12 Bo Bunny Paper
- Flamingo Dot 12x12 Bo Bunny Paper
- Kraft 12x12 Cardstock by Bazzill
- Sticker (Making Memories)
- Dear Lizzy Smiley Flair Adhesive Badges by American Crafts
- Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz
- Silhouette SD Digital Craft Cutting Tool
- Silhouette Sketch Pens
Second, I have a card using what is probably my favorite technique with the sketch pens: coloring in a sketched image with Copic Markers. I've shared ideas for this before here on my blog but the how to video shows exactly how to create your very own images for coloring. Click HERE and HERE for more card ideas.
Silhouette Images Used:
- Carnation Folded Cards by Hero Arts
- Neenah Classic Solar White Cardstock
- Messages Remountable Rubber Cling Stamp (Set of 3 Stamps) by Hero Arts
- Dots and Flowers Design Block Stamp by Hero Arts
- Black Memories Dye Ink Pad by Hero Arts
- Soft Blossom Shadow Ink by Hero Arts
- COPIC Sketch Marker R81, Rose Pink
- COPIC Sketch Marker R83, Rose Mist
- COPIC Sketch Marker R85, Rose Red
- COPIC Sketch Marker YG63, Pea Green
- COPIC Sketch Marker YG67, Moss
- COPIC Spica Glitter Pen, Blossom
- Double Embossed Dotted Edger Punch by EK Success
How To Video:
I hope this has given you some ideas on how to incorporate sketch pens into your Silhouette die cutting. Can't wait to see everyone's projects this month! Have a fabulous Cinco de Mayo!