Several weeks ago while my family skied I stayed warm in the cabin and spent the day playing with my stamps and supplies. I had limited space and didn't want to lug too much stuff with me to Colorado so I kept it simple, I only took my favorites, I pre-cut a bunch of designs out of plain smooth cream cardstock using my Silhouette and I challenged myself to "use what I had".
Here is one of my creations using one of my favorite Distress Inks techniques:
Here's how I created it:
- Using an Eggshell Folded Card from Hero Arts, I ran the front of the card + a QK Polka Dot Embossing Folder through the Epic Six, then I rounded the two outside corners of the card with the Corner Chomper.
- I took my Ranger Craft Mat (to protect my work surface) and placed Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Dusty Concord & Milled Lavender Distress Inks directly to the craft mat. (I just dabbed the ink pad directly on the mat).
- Next, I sprayed the inked mat with a Ranger Mini Mister filled with water 3-4 times, creating water droplets of color where I inked the mat.
- I took the Silhouette die cut hollyhocks and pressed them into the drops of color, swirling them around and blending them to get variations of color and intensity. Then I laid them to the side to air dry.
- While the hollyhocks dried, I stamped my sentiment on a piece of Hero Arts Eggshell Layering Paper using black ink. I rounded two of the corners with a Corner Chomper and used the Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Peeled Paint Distress Ink to ink up my greeting.
- I stamped the Hero Arts Butterfly on some Eggshell Layering Paper using Black embossing ink and heat set it with Black Embossing Powder. Then I colored in the Butterfly with the Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Dusty Concord & Milled Lavender Distress Inks. Then I cut the butterfly out.
- Once the hollyhocks were dry I adhered them to my card.
- I adhered the greeting and secured the outside edge with tiny staples from Tim Holtz' Tiny Attacher.
- I stapled string to the center of the butterfly and tied a bow, then "popped up" the butterfly wings with foam adhesive.
- Great Flourishes Messages 4x6 Clear Design Stamp Set by Hero Arts This item is 30% off at Two Peas!
- Antique Engravings 6x4 Clear Design Stamp Set by Hero Arts
- Milled Lavender Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger
- Peeled Paint Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger
- Dusty Concord Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger
- Shabby Shutters Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger
- Black & Clear Big & Bossy Jumbo Embossing Pad by Ranger
- 15x18 Non Stick Craft Sheet by Ranger
- Mini Misters 3 Piece Pack by Ranger
- Ink Blending Tool by Ranger
- Tiiny Attacher by Tim Holtz
- Epic Six Die Cutting Tool by Quickutz
- Polka Dots Pattern A2 Embossing Folder by Quickutz
- Eggshell Folded Cards by Hero Arts
- Eggshell Layering Papers by Hero Arts
- White 1/4Inch Foam Squares 176/pkg by Herma
Silhouette Design Used:
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday...