Last Friday, my daughter and I spent the afternoon creating cards the Cards For Kids Drive headed by Kristina, Jennifer and Jana. Not only did we spend time creating cards for a great cause but we bonded over girl time spent together doing something we love. It was one of those days that just stays with you. Perfect.
Here is one of the cards I made using lots of cute beachy stamps and embellishments. Still a bit addicted to the beachy stamps as you can see. ;)
I stamped a piece of white cardstock with the Modern Lines Wood Mounted Stamp using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and added color with the Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Inks.
I stamped the palm tree, crab and sunshine on Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored them in with the Copic Markers shown above, then cut them out and adhered them to the card as shown.
The "island" was created by punching a circle from white cardstock, stamping the Raindrop Design Block stamp with Wild Honey Distress Ink and adding Wild Honey and Vintage Photo Distress Inks with the Ink Blending Tool.
The "waves" were punched from Cerulean and Azure Layering paper and adhered along the bottom edge of the background piece. I tied a piece of red and white baker's twine around them for interest and color.
I used the circles foam adhesive behind the stamped greeting and the sunshine for dimension.
- Cerulean Folded Cards by Hero Arts
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock (25 sheet pkg) OR Neenah Solar White Cardstock (Ream)
- Azure Layering Papers by Hero Arts
- Modern Lines Wood Mounted Stamp by Hero Arts
- Let's Chill Clear Stamp Set by Hero Arts
- Be Happy Clear Stamp Set by Hero Arts
- Classic Messages 2x3 Clear Design Set by Hero Arts
- Raindrop Background Design Block Stamp by Hero Arts
- Tumbled Glass Tim Holtz Distress Ink
- Stormy Sky Tim Holtz Distress Ink
- Wild Honey Tim Holtz Distress Ink
- Ink Blending Tool by Ranger
- 15x18 Non Stick Craft Sheet by Ranger
- Tuxedo Black Memento Dye Ink Pad
- COPIC Sketch Markers: R05 Salmon Red; R29 Lipstick Red; R39 Garnet; Y35 Maize; Y38 Honey; YR14 Caramel; YG03 Yellow Green; YG06 Yellowish Green; YG09 Lettuce Green; E55 Light Camel; E57 Light Walnut
- Farmers Market Twine Cherry Twist
- Googly Eyes
- Circle 2.75 Inch Paper Shaper Circle Punch by EK Success
- Edger Punch Dotted Wave by EK Success
- Loops Edger Punch by Martha Stewart
- Label Punch
- Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz
- Circles Foam Tabs by American Crafts
I forgot to get a photo of the inside of the card, but I used lots of Hero Arts Ocean stamps to create an underwater scene for the recipient to color in. Simple and easy.
Thanks for stopping by today!