It's Day 2 of Blog Reader Appreciation Week here on my blog and today I have a tutorial on masking.
I have had some comments asking me if it's tedious and does it take long to create the masks and my answer is: no, not at all. It actually is not as time consuming as you think.
And the results you can achieve with masking?
Well worth the time and effort.
Today's card is a long card that will fit in standard A10 Envelope (the long ones that are generally about 3 7/8" x 8 7/8".
I made it this size for 2 reasons:
- I wanted to stamp this entire background using masking so you can really see how far you can go with it.
- I have a gift certificate for a friend for our local coffee shop and it's long. I didn't want to fold the certificate so this size card works perfectly.
The finished card size is 3 1/2" x 8 1/2".
Now, even though I'm showing how I use the masks with Whiff of Joy stamps, masking is certainly not limited to just these. You can use masking with almost anything. I use masking all the time. because I like the dimensional look it gives without of the bulk.
PAPER: Ripe Avocado and Harvest Gold Cardstock by Papertrey Ink; Neenah Solar White Cardstock
STAMPS: Whiff of Joy Willow with Hot Chocolate UM Rubber Stamp; Whiff of Joy Wooden Bench UM Rubber Stamp; Whiff of Joy Pumpkins UM Rubber Stamp; Whiff of Joy General Sayings Greeting UM Rubber Stamps; Hero Arts Old Letter Writing Design Block Stamp; Large Canvas Stripe Wood Block Stamp by Hero Arts
EMBELLISHMENTS: Cream Vintage Sew On Buttons by Jenni Bowlin; Metal Cream Book Label by Stampin' Up; Orange Zest Satin Ribbon by PTI
Today's giveaway includes:
- Brand New Whiff of Joy Willow with Hot Chocolate UM Rubber Stamp (I accidentally bought 2 of these so I have one to give away!)
- COPIC Sketch Markers: E40 Brick White, R32 Peach, RV00 Water Lily, E04 Lipstick Natural, E77 Maroon (Also all markers I bought duplicates of...oops!)
- Copic Spica Glitter Pen: Baby Blue (another duplicate)
- Copic Multiliner .3 (another duplicate)
All markers are brand new, as is the stamp. Even though these markers don't necessarily go together, maybe they could help you fill in or start your Copic collection. The multi liner is great for filling in stamped images that maybe didn't get stamped all the way.
Please leave a comment here on this blog post using the word GIVEAWAY when commenting to be considered for the random drawing, otherwise your comment will be be considered just that, a comment. (This way even if you don't wish to win the giveaway you can still post if you want!)
All comments must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, Septmeber 20th for a chance to win.
I also just wanted to say a big thank you for all your lovely comments yesterday on my scrap studio. I have the best blog readers. You all are so kind with your posts. I appreciate you all.
Big hugs all around!