Happy Tuesday, stamping friends!
Today the Lawn Fawn Design Team is focusing on another new stamp set, Schoolhouse Backdrops.
I am a huge fan of Lawn Fawn's backdrop stamp sets. I love that you can create simple backgrounds that really add that little something to a stamped project. I especially love how you can create custom notebook paper looks with this particular stamp set. SO fun!
I created a notebook paper look for the base of my card, complete with a punched border that I crinkled a bit to resemble an actual notebook page torn from a notebook.
I also die cut and stamped a couple of labels, then added lined backgrounds with Schoolhouse Backdrops. The subtle tone on tone look really adds to the look of the labels and to the overall "texture" and look of the card.
To create the card:
- Trim Hawaiian Shores Papertrey Ink cardstock to 4x5.25". Starting at the bottom edge, stamp one of the Lawn Fawn Schoolhouse backdrops stamps using Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay Ink. Repeat until you're about 1/2" from the top. Then using the single line stamp from Schoolhouse Backdrops, finish the stamped design.
- Punch the top edge of the paper with a notebook edge border punch.
- Stamp the greeting using Lawn Fawn's On the Mend stamp set and Stampin' Up Basic Gray Ink.
- Adhere wide ribbon to the stamped background, securing with staples.
- Die cut large label from PTI Simply Chartreuse cardstock using PTI Label Basics die. Stamp border with SU Basic Gray ink using PTI Label Basics Stamp Set. Stamp lined background in SU Kiwi Kiss ink using Schoolhouse Backdrops.
- Punch 1 3/4" circle from PTI Harvest Gold cardstock. Stamp border with SU Basic Gray ink using PTI Label Basics Stamp Set. Stamp lined background in SU Crushed Curry ink using Schoolhouse Backdrops.
- Sew buttons to the ends of the label as shown.
- Adhere circle label to rectangular label and adhere over ribbon with foam adhesive.
- Stamp band-aid stamp from LF On the Mend on Neenah Solar White cardstock. Color in with Copics and cut out. Adhere to circle label.
- Punch hearts and adhere to card as shown. Embellish with gems.
- Adhere stamped piece to white card base and add mini clips. Crinkle notebook edge for realistic look.
SUPPLIES (click on photos for links):
Check out the rest of the Lawn Fawn Design Team's samples using Schoolhouse Backdrops HERE.
Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow with From Start to Finish and another Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week card sample.