I am loving this little turkey guy in Lawn Fawn's new Turkey Day Mini Stamp Set. The set includes the adorable turkey and a coordinating greeting.
I paper pieced my turkey using cardstock, added a googly eye and then stamped the greeting on a banner for a fun non-traditional bright & colorful Thanksgiving card.
Card How To:
- Create card background from text paper and SU Lucky Limeade cardstock. Round top two corners using 1/2" corner rounder.
- Adhere a die cut label to the card and layer SU Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon and embossed strip of Rustic Cream cardstock along the bottom of the design.
- Die cut banner pieces from Stampin' Up cardstocks and stamp greeting using SU Soft Suede Ink. Embellish additional banners with remaining die cut pieces and sewn on buttons. Poke holes in upper corners of banners and thread together with string. Adhere to card as shown.
- Stamp turkey on SU Pure Poppy, Peach Parfait, Delightful Daffodil, Lucky Limeade and PTI Dark Chocolate cardstock. Cut out pieces and assemble turkey. Add googly eye. Stamp turkey on card for the legs/feet. Adhere to card, lining the paper pieced turkey over the one stamped on the background.
- Stamp greeting bubble (LF Hello Friend Stamp Set). Color in greeting with markers. Adhere with foam adhesive.
- Add additional die cuts and buttons.
SUPPLIES (click on photos for links):
Click HERE to see the Lawn Fawn Design Team's projects showcasing Turkey Day.
Leave a comment on the Lawn Fawn Blog Post HERE for a chance to win Turkey Day and on the Lawn Fawn Blog HERE for a chance to win all nine of the new 2011 Fall/Winter Series stamp sets!