Kerri Bradford is celebrating her birthday week on her website this week and the design team is sharing projects to celebrate and today it was my turn to share a project with Kerri's ah-mazing designs!
When I saw Kerri's sneak peek a couple of weeks ago for the new This & That: Autumn Kit I had that "light bulb" or "ah-ha" moment where I knew immediately what I wanted to create with the kit. I had these photos from summer 2010 where my kids picked and sold sweet corn that their Grandpa grew for them. I knew I wanted to create a "scene" with the componenets of the kit (plus a few additional designs thrown in from other kits. see links in the supplies.), die cut the pieces from cardstock and customize the designs with background stamps.
List of all the KBD die cuts/templates used on my layout:
- Barn & Silo (This & That: Autumn Kit)
- Cornstalk (This & That: Autumn Kit)
- Corn (This & That: Autumn Kit)
- Windmill (This & That: Autumn Kit)
- "Grown Here" (This & That: Autumn Kit)
- Rooster Weathervane (The & That: Freedom Kit)
- "Good Eats" (Escape Kit)
- Photo Template (Storyboard #2 Kit)
I used background stamps from Hero Arts and Papertrey Ink to customize my die cut pieces. I also die cut solid black cardstock designs of each of the die cuts to give the scene a "shadow" that gives it more depthe & dimension.
The clouds are all stamps by Studio Calico and/or Hero Arts and punched with the coordinating Fiskars Cloud Punches.
I love being able to create my own custom titles by combining designs from more than one kit. "Grown Here" would have been a cute title on it's own but by adding "Good Eats" to it, it tells more of a story, makes a bigger impact and takes it up to that next level. When it's possible "hook" your die cuts together like I did with the corn and the loop in the letter "d" on "good". This helps the designs all work and flow together.
Close up of journaling. I split it up above and below the photo collage for a more interesting presentation.
SUPPLIES (click on photos for links):
Check out all the fun projects being shared on Kerri's blog this week (and last):
- Robyn Werlich has a gorgeous layout HERE. And another one HERE.
- Laura Vegas shares an incredible layout about her favorite music artists HERE (love this idea for a page, by the way!)
- Shari Carroll shares an incredible Halloween card HERE
- Kerri has a new photo template kit available this week HERE. (Love the sizes of these. That "photobooth" template is my favorite!)