As I was perusing my favorite online stores last night I came across a few things that I would recommend as great gifts for your crafty loved ones and thought I would share. These are all things that I have, love and use!
My TOP TEN holiday gift guide....
(back in stock at 2Peas HERE)
After much debate, I upgraded from the SD version and I will tell you that I don't regret it at all. This machine is amazing, the 12" cutting mat is perfection and it is a dream machine. It is quieter than the Original or the SD and I can't say one negative thing about it. Fabulous, fabulous machine. All the die cuts in my 2011 December Daily were cut with this machine.
Don't forget to pick up additional cutting blades and mats as well to have on hand!
I am the girl who said, "no way!" when spray mists were first introduced. I was not a fan at all, resisted buying them, didn't get the hype, etc. Well, then SC sent me a bottle of spray mist when I was the guest designer last January... I was hooked. I immediately purchased all their ink colors and haven't looked back once. My most used colors are White, Clay and Shine but I love them all and use them on everything. They can completely change the look of patterned paper, are great for resist stamped techniques, add color to white die cut or punched shapes and so much more. Check out the class I did for 2Peas in August featuring spray mists HERE.
Get them at 2Peas here:
And at Simon Says Stamp here:
#3: Hero Arts Background Stamps
Background stamps are a must. Not only do they create fabulous background for cardmaking but nothing is better for adding texture and pattern to die cut elements for scrapbook pages like on this page HERE:
or this page HERE:
Here are my favorite (and most used) Hero Arts background stamps:
These are the tools that I reach for time and time again. They are never far from my reach.
- Tim Holtz Scissors are the only scissors we use in this house. I have a set in the kitchen, in the toolbox and several in my craft room. These babies will cut through the wires on crummy Christmas lights on pre-lit trees if you need to get them off quick (I maybe had to do that!), they cut the shanks off buttons that you want to lay flat on layouts and so much more. Love them!
- Tim Holtz Craft Knife and Craft Pick: The craft pick makes attaching brads and buttons so simple and a good craft knife is a must. Being retractable means I don't have to worry.
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board: Makes scoring your cards, rosettes, anything, quick and easy.
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher: I use this for everything. Perfect finishing accent, great for attaching vellum, paper strips, securing ribbon, etc.
- T Square Ruler: Every time I have used this ruler in a how to video I get more questions on where to find this ruler than almost anything else! The good news is that Simon Says Stamp is now carrying it!
- Fiskars 12" Personal Trimmer: Perfect cuts every time and I am cutter picky. I went through a lot of trimmers before finding this one. I've had mine for well over a year and don't use anything else. Great trimmer.
- Heat Tool: I was never happy with a heat gun until I got this one. FABULOUS heat tool for embossing, drying ink and other stamping techniques.
- Corner Rounders: These are a much for me. I have used and loved the 1/4"/1/2" corner rounder for a long while now. And I've added the 1/8"/3/8" corner rounder to the family.
- Ranger Craft Mat: This is a must for protecting your work surface from Copics, inks, paints, etc. And it cleans up like a dream.
#5: Ali Edwards Stamps
I'm a huge fan of Ali's stamps, especially using Ali's stamps for scrapbooking. The words + phrases lend themselves so well to creating meaningful scrapbook layouts and the stamps can be used over and over again and mixed and matched to create truly unique scrapbook creations!
Here are some of my favorite (and often used) sets:
#6: Sizzix Die Cutting Machine
Sometimes you just need a manual die cutting machine for cutting through thicker materials (i.e. fabric, ribbons, grungeboard, felt and more. This machine gets the job done for me!
#7: Kerri Bradford Die Cut Kits & Collage Templates
It's no secret that I am a big, big fan of Kerri's designs. This girl is incredible...just look at her new Vintage This & That Christmas Kit!!!! She is always cooking up something fantastic. And the best thing about her designs? You don't have to be a Silhouette user to create with them. They work with other leading digi die cutters as well (Pazzles, Cricut and more!)
Here are my most often used kits:
And check out Kerri's latest kit to use with the 7Gypsies Printer's Tray (I'll be sharing mine all put together next week):
#8: Studio Calico Kit Membership
I never thought I would be a kit club girl but I am! I adore getting my SC kit every month and eagerly await each new reveal! I love the mix of product, exclusive stamps and product and all the great design team inspiration!
Check out the membership HERE.
#9: 6x6 Paper Pads
I am addicted to 6x6 paper pads. They are easy to use, tons of companies are offering them. They are perfectly sized to run through a Sizzix or Cuttlebug (without trimming first!) and I can try out the entire collection of paper much cheaper than buying all the 12x12 papers! I use mine not only for cardmaking but for scrapbooking. Here are some of my favorite 6x6 paper pads:
#10: Little Additions
Buttons, trinket pins, twine, clips and more all add that finishing touch to any project. These are just a few of those little addtions that I regularly use to add that little something extra to my projects: