Welcome to the June Studio AE Blog Hop!
This month's stamp set is Life Right Now by Ali Edwards.
This is going to be one of those stamp sets that is perfect for titles and scrapbook page layouts. I can see making a big, bold statement on Project Life journaling cards with this set as well! I love the mix of open fonts with scripty ones in this stamp set. Very, very me and I love how it looks paired with past Studio AE Stamp Sets like in my layout today...
I combined phrases from the June 2012 Studio AE set, May 2012 Studio AE set and September 2011 Studio AE Stamp sets to add interest to my computer generated journaling along the right side of the page.
To get my journaling perfectly aligned while still leaving room for the embellishments, I first layed out the pieces so that I knew what kind of space I had to work with. From there I stamped the bottom 2 greetings and then planned out my journaling in my computer program. I printed out the journaling and then added the top stamped words and added in my embellishments and adhered the whole thing to the background of my layout.
A few additional notes of interest:
- I tore pages from the Heidi Swapp memory folder "mini book" and used them to tuck under the edge of my photo colage and other patterned paper elements on my page. The tabs on these made the perfect place to add additional stamping. These would also be great for journaling!
- The "notes" stamp is from the Studio Calico 35mm kit Add On Leica.
- I used a couple of pieces of Freckled Fawn washi tape to "hold" down certain pieces or elements on my page.
- The woodgrain background paper, die cut hexagons, "hello" die cut and die cut tabs across the top of the page are exclusives from Studio Calico's 35mm Kit.
- The "love this" stamped on the file folder tab along the right edge of the page is from this month's Studio AE stamp set!
- Don't be afraid to stamp directly on your background paper. I always like to stamp the image on a scrap piece first to make sure that the color of ink will show up (I did this with the lighter brown Crumb Cake color ink) and I always stamp a new stamp (the "love this memory of you") on a scrap piece of paper to make sure there aren't any issues or residue before committing the stamping to my project. :)
SUPPLIES (for June Studio AE Blog Hop layout):
Be sure to check the blogs of all taking part in the Blog Hop today:
- Lisa Truesdell, June's Studio AE guest
- Charlene Austin
- Nichol <---------- this is me.
We are giving away one random prize – a $25 gift certificate to TechniqueTuesday.com – to someone who comments during the hop. The winner will be announced on the TT blog on June13th.