Today, I'm sharing my third card using the Simon Says Stamp July Card Kit.
I created a little bit different card today using a Sizzix Flip-its die.... and I'm addicted! These are awesome and so easy to use!
This square card features layered patterned papers and die cut pieces along with the ribbon and stamps from the kit.
This is how the card looks on the front:
Then when you open it the circle "flips" to reveal the inside of the card and a space to personalize your card with a greeting right below the stamped sentiment.
Here's the inside of the card:
A few additional notes of interest:
- I die cut the Flip-it Card from cardstock first. Then I used the 6x6 paper from the kit and die cut one half of the card at a time (because the 6x6 paper is shorter than the full length of the die cut). I cut 4 pieces and then cut 2 of the piece in half to create a 4-quadrant style look.
- I punched a 3" circle to decorate with die cuts and ribbon. I cut a mat for the punched circle using the Coluzzle. Machine stitching was done before adhering the layered circles to the flip part of my card.
- I cut another circle from white cardstock and stamped a greeting from the July kit for the inside of the card.
- I also added additional die cut clouds on the inside for a continuous design.
SUPPLIES (Sending You the Warmest of Thoughts Card):
If you want to create some fun interactive cards be sure to check out all the Sizzix Flip-its dies:
- You are Absolutely Delightful Card
- Friendship Card by Payton Magouirk
- Greatest Blessing is Your Friendship Card
Please leave a comment on this blog post in the "Comments" section below today's post by Sunday, June 17th 2012, 11:59 a.m. CST for a chance to win this amazing kit!
*Please note* Unfortunately I am only able to consider replies left on the original Typepad post. Any replies via email from subscribers to my blog or replies via Twitter or Facebook will not be considered. Please leave your comment on the actual blog post for a chance to win. Thank you!