I created these ornaments for Kerri Bradford's Blog today showcasing some of her die cut designs used in an untradtional way. These ornaments were inspired by the cover of this year's Stampin' Up Seasonal Holiday catalog. Instead of stamped/die cut ornaments, I chose to use ornaments from Kerri Bradford's die cut kits to create mine from die cut patterned and specialty papers (and lots of fun embellishments from my crafty stash!).
These are the KBS shapes I used:
- This & That Christmas Past (ornament)
- Christmas Countdown (ornament)
- Here Comes Santa Claus (snowflake)
- Holly Jolly Christmas (snowflake)
Here's how I made my ornaments:
1. Cut 20 ornament shapes. Adhere 5 of them to a punched circle (doesn't matter what color since it will be covered up but I punched mine from leftover coordinating patterned paper.
2. Take the remaining 15 ornament shapes and score each of them down the middle, getting a nice crease. Glue 3 together to make 5 petals. You won't glue all sides together because you want this to lay flat against the oranment attached to the punched circle.
3. Glue each dimensional ornament to the flat piece from step 1.
4. This is what the base of the ornament should now look like.
5. Use glitter or glitter glue to add sparkle (pllus it helps cover up any imperfections where you might not get the ornaments lined up perfectly!). Let dry completely.
6. Use hot glue gun to adhere ribbon scraps in between ornaments shapes.
7. Here's what the ornament looks like once the ribbon scraps have been added. (Ignore that polka dot ornament piece....I got ahead of myself while creating!).
8. Cut 15 ornament shapes using another ornament design. I cut mine slightly smaller than the first. Score each down the center.
9. Glue 3 scored ornaments together like you did before.
10. Hot glue the smaller ornaments in place. On this ornament I placed the smaller on inside the larger on but on the other ornament, I placed them in between. Do whatever looks best to you! Add glitter glue like you did before and let dry.
11. Hot glue some pretties to the center...
12. Hot glue some more prettiness....
13. Die cut some snowflakes from glitter paper (or glitter your own after they are cut out!).
14. Adhere and layer glitter snowflakes with hot glue to the center of ornament. So pretty!
15. Make a bow from some twine and hot glue tot he center of the snowflake.
16. Add a pre-made floral to the center with hot glue (or make your own floral from fabric, ribbon, paper, whatever! There's no judging here! hee!). I removed the ugly pearl from this pre-made because my ornament needed more bling than the pearl provided!
17. Ah....so much better!
18. Spritz the whole thing with Studio Calico Blizzard Mister Huey Mist....it gives the whole ornament a lovely shimmery sheen!
19. Stamp a phrase or greeting (if you're giving as a gift or using as a tag on a package), punch out and cover up that circle on the back of your ornament.
- Making Memories Gold Dot Glitter Paper
- Making Memories Mistletoe Flocked Snowflake Paper
- Pink Paislee Love Potion Paper
- MME Lost & Found Two Rosy Remember Dots Paper
- Ribbons, trims, florals and other goodies from my stash!
To see the creation of the Stampin' Up ornament that inspired these I shared today, click HERE.