Last week, I shared a sneak of a project I was working on for KBS via Instagram and I'm tickled I get to share it in it's entirety today both here and on Kerri's BLOG.
One evening while perusing Pinterest I came upon a UK flag created from paper butterflies and I immediately knew that I wanted to recreate the effect creating an American flag on a canvas I've had sitting around here forever just begging for some die cutting goodness via Kerri's amazing butterfly designs. After a lot of mistakes (thank goodness canvases are fairly forgiving and you can cover up boo-boos with an additional layer of paint, mist, gesso, etc.) I decided on a "wood-like" background with bright, colorful red, white and blue die cut butterflies making up the design of the American flag.
Now, I didn't get real technical with my flag. No 13 stripes (I ran out of room) and I didn't do 50 "stars" either but instead I went for a more abstract artistic approach (read...I am lazy and had already cut the butterflies and didn't want to waste them or more paper by cutting them smaller!).
- Doodlebug Design Lily White La Di Dot Flocked Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Ladybug La Di Dot Flocked Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Blue Jean La Di Dot Flocked Cardsock
- Doodlebug Design Blue Jean DayDream Glitter Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Ladybug DayDream Glitter Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Lily White DayDream Glitter Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Petite Prints Blue Jean Dot Grid Patt. Paper
- Doodlebug Design Sweet Cakes Baby Cakes Patt. Paper (red w/ white dot)