I love Lawn Fawn Inspiration Weeks, don't you?!!!!
This is actually the first completed LFDT project I created coming back from my long hiatus and it ranks up there with one of my most favorite stamped projects, ever.
I love fall. The colors, the cooler temps, sweaters, hot cocoa, football games, back to school, regular t.v. shows coming back and of course, fall leaves! I knew the minute I saw the new LF Stitched Leaves Lawn Cuts what I wanted to create with them.... my own shadowbox/pinboard of Distress Inked fall leaves to use with my fall/autumn home decor!
I die cut the tags from a variety of neutral backgrounds (wood paper, canvas and white cardstock) using the brand new Tag You're It Lawn Cuts.
The "title tag' was created using a couple of older stamp sets from Stampin' Up (listed below) that I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The awesome canvas letters spelling "autumn" were die cut using the brand new Cole's ABC's Lawn Cuts! I adore these new alpha dies.
I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks on the die cut leaves, mixing 2-3 colors per leaf to get the desired color and then I spritzed them with a mini mister to get the "splotchy" water effect. Tim's inks play nicely with water and the ink moves when it comes into contact with the water droplets giving the colorful leaves awesome "texture".
I used tiny tiny stick pins (old, old, old Making Memories product!) to attach the leaves to my tags and the canvas background of my frame.
The names of the leaves were stamped with my new most favorite Lawn Fawn stamp alpha ever... Milo's ABC's!
This is definitely a more sophisticated look using Lawn Fawn products but it totally works! ;)
And the best part, IMO?
Everything in this frame is completely removable! I attached everything with mini straight pins (even the sequins) so that I can change it up from season to season if I want to! ;)
- Stampin' Up Of The Earth Stamp Set (Emerson quote stamp)
- Stampin' Up Hand Penned Holidays ("Give Thanks")
- Stampin' Up bookplate
- Stampin' Up white hinge clip
- photo turn
- tiny, tiny gold straight pins
- Hobby Lobby (shadowbox pinboard frame)
I created a tree "trunk" using the woodgrain backdrop. First I stamped the large heart from the set, masked the design and then stamped the tree trunk. I popped the tree up with foam adhesive on a tree background paper from the Into the Woods 6x6 Paper Pad. Then I added the colored critters, acorns and the smaller Stitched Leaves Lawn Cuts colored just like the project above. :) I love how it looks like a tree losing it's leaves!
A greeting and another heart stamped inside the card finish the design.
- Lawn Fawn Critters in Costume (August Inspiration Week Day 1 Project - 3D Haunted Manor Decor)
- Lawn Fawn Into the Woods Paper Collection (August Inspiration Week Day 2 Project - Project Life layout)
- Lawn Fawn Happy Feast Chalkboard Card (August Inspiration Week Day 3 Project)
- Lawn Fawn Into the Woods Stamp Set (August Inspiration Week Day 4 Project - Flip Its Card)
- Be sure to check out all the projects the design team has created using Stitched Leaves Lawn Cuts and Woodgrain Backdrops Stamp Set over on the Lawn Fawn Blog HERE and come back tomorrow for more LF August Inspiration Week!