Today I have a Designer Series Christmas card share showcasing the new Believe In Magic Creative Cuts dies. The snowglobe design of the Believe In Magic Stamp Set and coordinating dies lends itself to one of my favorite kind of cards to create: shaker cards!
To create the front of the card, I first die cut some SSS Fog Cardstock using the Femme Frames Creative Cuts stitched rectangle die and added "stripes" with the wide stripe border stamp from the Basic Borders Stamp Set. I stamped the greeting from Believe In Magic using SSS Slate Gray Ink and MFT Wild Cherry Hybrid Ink.
I stamped the snowglobe base on white cardstock using the SSS Slate Ink and die cut it with the coordinating Believe In Magic Creative Cuts die. Using the snowglobe base for reference I positioned the globe die and used a bit of tape to hold it in place and ran it through my die cutting machine to create the "window".
I die cut a piece of transparency and glued it to the backside of the front panel of the card and added two layers of foam tape around the opening to "hold in" the Martha Stewart Snow Glitter.
To finish the inside of the snowglobe I stamped the cityscape and reindeer from the Believe In Magic Stamp Set on smooth white cardstock using SSS Black Ink and die cut them with the coordinating dies. I stamped the moon with MFT Lemon Drop Hybrid Ink and die cut it as well. I die cut another piece of SSS Fog Cardstock using the Femme Frames Creative Cuts stitched rectangle die and adhered the "scene" to the backing piece. Then I added the glitter to the piece with foam adhesive and adhered the backing to sandwich the shaker elements inside the card.
Layered ribbons, Pretty Pink Posh sequins and baker's twine tied around the snowglobe complete the card.
To view the creation of this holiday-themed card from start to finish, watch the video below or click HERE to watch on YouTube:
Click the links below to show for the September 2014 Mama Elephant Creative Cuts Release dies (I've linked the coordinating stamp sets for reference as well):
- Martha Stewart Snow Glitter
- Stampin' Up Basic Gray 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon
- Stampin' Up Real Red 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon
More projects created with the September 2014 ME Creative Cuts dies release:
- "A Holiday Treat For You" Tag featuring Cozy Christmas Creative Cuts dies
- "A Gift For You" Tag feat. Tags A Lot Creative Cuts dies
- "Merry Christmas" Card feat. Winter Wonderland Creative Cuts (video)
- "Merry Christmas" Card feat. Peek A Frame Creative Cuts, Cozy Christmas Stamps and Cozy Christmas Creative Cuts dies (video)
- "From Our Home To Yours" Card feat. Polar Pals Creative Cuts and Stamps and Tags A Lot and Polaroid Creative Cuts dies (video)