Now that Halloween is officially over for another year it's time to start putting those memories in albums!
I love creating fun scenes with Kerri's die cut shapes and word art for my scrapbook pages. One of our family's favorite albums is our Halloween Costumes 8x8 mini album. This is where I record the costumes we've worn through the years in chronological format.
The two-page 8x8 spread I'm sharing today features photos and costumes from 2008. I used one of Kerri's photo templates from her Picture That: Squared Kit to make adding lots of photos on a smaller format a snap (if you've followed my scrapbooking at all you know I am a huge advocate and fan of photo templates and Kerri's are amazing!!!!!).
I created a Halloween "scene" on the left side of the layout spread combining lots of fun Halloween (and non-Halloween) elements! This is one of my favorite die-cutting techniques: creating a collage/scene of die cut images. Here's the designs I used for my page:
- This & That: All Hallows Eve (spiderweb, witch hat, spider, pumpkin, broom)
- This Is Halloween (skull)
- This & That: Halloween (witch boots)
- FREEBIE: Halloween (title)
- Decade 2000 (2008, twothousandandeight)
- This & That: School (books)
I used a lot of papers from my stash for this one. Many of the designs may no longer be available so I've listed what I could and linked up what is still available but I want to encourage everyone to shop their stash. The latest and greatest is always super fun but I recently reorganized my paper collection and I found so many treasures and papers I absolutely still love that I'm really pushing myself to incorporate what I have into my scrapbook page designs!
On the right side of the layout I layered the year (Decade 2000) and month (Monthlies) die cuts over one of the photos and stapled vellum die cut monograms (Weathered Door Alphabet) over my kids' photos as well.
I printed journaling on a white paper strip and attached it over the photo collage to complete my page.
- MME Lost & Found Halloween 6x6 Paper Pad
- Teresa Collins Masquerade Party 6x6 Paper Pad
- MME Lost & Found Blush 6x6 Paper pad
- Making Memories Black Foil Paper
- American Crafts Pow Gold Glitter Paper
- October Afternoon Midway Collection "Main Gate" 12x12 Paper
More from our family's Halloween Costumes Mini Album:
- Halloween Mini Album Cover, Title Page and 2010 Spread
- 2004 Halloween Layout Spread - All Hallow's Eve
- 2005 Halloween Layout Spread - Carpe Noctem
My Favorite Things is having a huge retirement sale on select stamps and die-namics! Shop today to save 50% on more than 180 die-namics and stamp sets. Click HERE to shop the sale now! The sale items will be retiring as stock is depleted, so shop now for the best selection of great stamps and dies and unbelievable prices!