***This is 1 of 2 posts today. For the Lawn Fawn post, click HERE.***
Today I'm sharing a shaker card featuring the brand new Stitched Sky Creative Cuts dies.
I wanted to create a sky full of stars to compliment the stamped greeting from the Shooting Star Stamp Set and the largest star in the Stitched Sky Creative Cuts die collection makes for a fun way to add multiple shakers to a single card!
To create my card, I first die cut a piece of white cardstock using the stitched rectangle die from the Basic Set Creative Cuts and then die cut the stitched star from the Stitched Sky Creative Cuts multiple times from the rectangle.
I stamped a greeting from the Shooting Star Stamp Set along the bottom edge of the rectangle using black ink.
I backed the rectangle with a transparency die cut using the same Basic Set Creative Cuts and then placed foam adhesive around each star, creating individual shakers. I filled each shaker with a different color of seed beads and then backed the shaker with another Basic Set Creative Cuts die cut rectangle.
To finish the card I die cut clouds from vellum using the Stitched Sky Creative Cuts and stars from metallic and glitter papers. For a bit of variety, I die cut smaller stars from the same papers using the Lots of Stars Creative Cuts dies. I adhered the shaker to a card base to complete the design.
To see how I created this card, watch the video below or click HERE to view it on YouTube.
More projects created with the Mama Elephant January 2015 release:
- "I Love You More Than All the Stars..." Card feat. Sew Fancy Creative Cuts dies (video)
- "Thanks You're A Lifesaver" Card feat. Tiny Heroes Stamp Set and dies (video)
- "Happy Birthday, It's OK to Shake Me" Card feat. Surprise Sentiments Stamp Set(video)
- Set of 3 "Thank You" Cards feat. Merci Stamp Set (video)
- "If I Had A Star..." Card feat. Shooting Star Stamp Set (video)