I'm back today with a Mama Elephant Designer Series project showcasing the adorably awesome Tandem Ride Stamp Set and coordinating Tandem Ride dies. Add in the Tandem Extras stamps and coordinating Tandem Extras dies and you can create any number of super cute cards!
Today I wanted to talk a little bit about "Adding Those Extra Finishing Touches". There are so many small things you can do when finishing up a card design that give it that little something extra that really makes it shine! I prefer my finishing touches to be something non-bulky that mails easily and there are lots of ways to achieve this.
Some of my favorite finishing touches:
- Adding detail to the eyes of critters or other images with a black pen.
- Adding white dots to cheeks of critters or other elements of stamped and colored images and catch lights to eyes.
- Adding a touch of sparkle over any image with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen.
- Adding shine (and subtle dimension) to any image with a layer of Glossy Accents.
- Adding scattered confetti (create your own, stamp some or use sequins, enamel dots, etc.).
For the background of my card, I die cut some watercolor cardstock using the A2 sized frame from the Sew Fancy Creative Cuts die collection and combined the Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and Twisted Citron Distress Ink. I lightly spritzed the background with water in a MIni Mister and set it aside to dry.
The images from the Tandem Ride and Tandem Extras stamp sets were stamped on smooth white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored in with Copic Markers. The individual marker colors are linked below in supplies and listed in the upper left corner of the screen in the video tutorial. All images were die cut with the coordinating Tandem Ride and Tandem Extras Creative Cuts dies.
I added finishing touches to these stamped and colored images by first adding detail to all the eyes with a black glaze pen. I added white dotted detail to the cheeks on the balloons and catch lights to the eyes of the critters with a white gel pen. I applied a layer of Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen over each of the balloons and to the light on the bike. A think layer of Glossy Accents was applied to each of the balloons and to the bike for that great glossy, slightly raised finish.
I die cut another rectangle from white cardstock and also vellum using the Sew Fancy Creative Cuts die and then die cut cloud borders from those rectangles using a Landscape Trio Die. On the white cloud border I stamped a greeting from the Tandem Extras stamp set using the Hero Arts Ombre Mint to Green Ink.
I assembled the card scene and then finished the the design with a scattering of die cut confetti created using the Confetti Creative Cuts die.
To see the creation of this card from start to finish watch the video below or click HERE to watch on YouTube:
The letters below the thumbnails below link to stores where you can purchase the products shown in this post and video: SSS = to purchase from Simon Says Stamp, EH = to purchase from Ellen Hutson, SB.COM = to purchase from Scrapbook.com, ME = to purchase from Mama Elephant, etc. Affiliate links used when possible.
Shop the awesome July Mama Elephant Release by clicking the code(s) below the thumbnails below. ME for Mama Elephant, SSS for Simon Says Stamp, EH for Ellen Hutson, etc. Affiliate links used.
More project(s) created with the Mama Elephant July Release:
- "My Thoughts and Prayers are With You" Card featuring Mama Elephant Blessed Stamp Set (video)
- "Oh Hello" Card featuring Mama Elephant Tandem Ride Stamp Set (video)
- "Wishing You An Awesome Day" Card featuring Mama Elephant Tandem Extras Stamp Set (video)
- "Consider Myself Lucky" Card featuring Mama Elephant Blessed Stamp Set (video)
- "I'm So Lucky To Have a Friend..." Card Featuring Mama Elephant Friend Indeed Stamp Set (video)