Welcome to Day 5 of my last minute Handmade Holiday 2015 Series!
I'm back with another year of last minute handmade ideas! Even with the craziness of the season I like to be able to add handmade touches to gifts for our friends and family. All this week I'll be sharing quick (an hour or less) Handmade Holiday ideas for cards, tags and gift wrapping sure to add that handmade touch we all love. Most ideas will include multiples (today I created a set of 3 fabric drawstring lined gift bags)!
In addition to sharing Handmade Holiday projects all week, I am extending this year's series by two days for a total of seven days of inspiration! Plus, I am especially excited to share that after reaching out to several companies and online stores, there are amazing GIVEAWAYS each and every day plus a great coupon code from Ellen Hutson that you can use all week long at EllenHutson.com! Use coupon code handmadeholidays for 10% off all in-stock items between December 14-17.
LINED FABRIC DRAWSTRING GIFT BAGS
Today I'm taking a quick break from paper crafted bags, tags, and packaging to share an idea for fabric lined drawstring gift bags! These are truly a package that can be used and reused over and over! I love a pretty packaged gift almost as much as a gift itself. When I saw this Lined Drawstring Bag Pattern I knew I had to sew some up as pretty fabric gift bags for the holidays. The pattern shows how to make this great bag in eight sizes. I made three out of black, gray, white, and red fabrics. The gray and black fabrics are all from Riley Blake Bella Blvd Collecitons and the red heart fabric is another Riley Blake fabric from Doodlebug Design. The Snack Bag (small) is 7” x 4.5” x 8”. The Everything Bag (medium) is 7” x 10” x 10”. The Project Bag (large) is 8” x 12” x 13”.
These bags sew up so quickly that I made up all three in a little over an hour!
Pretty ribbon and lace drawstrings add an elegant touch to these lovely fabric gift bags.
The colors of these bags work wonderfully for the holiday season but would be perfect for Valentine’s Day too! Consider making some up in other fabrics and colors for birthdays or just to store and tote kids’ toys. The larger drawstring bags would be great for older kids’ laundry. The possibilities are endless!
The Snack Bag (small) is 7” x 4.5” x 8”.
The Project Bag (large) is 8” x 12” x 13”.
The Everything Bag (medium) is 7” x 10” x 10”.
S U P P L I E S
The letters below the thumbnails below link to stores where you can purchase the products shown in this post and video: SSS = to purchase from Simon Says Stamp, EH = to purchase from Ellen Hutson, SB.COM = to purchase from Scrapbook.com. Affiliate links used.
- Riley Blake Bella Blvd Military Max Collection: Military Gray Plaid
- Riley Blake Bella Blvd Puppy Park: Black Park Crosshatch, Black Polka Dot
S I M I L A R P R O J E C T S
Looking for more gift tags, bags, and more ideas? Here are links to the 2015 Handmade Holiday Series projects:
- Day 1: North Pole Gift Card Envelopes with video (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson Online Store.)
- Day 2: Vellum Gift Bags and Reindeer Tags with video (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to the Lawn Fawn Online Store.)
- Day 3: Gift Card Holder Cards and Matching Envelopes with video (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp.)
- Day 4: Pretty Packages and Tags with video (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win your choice of KBS Stamp Set.)
Here are links to the 2014 Handmade Holiday Series:
- Gold Foil Monogram Gift Tags (video)
- Decorated Treat/Goodie Bags (video)
- Zipper Panel Gift Card Holder (video)
- Pretty Die Cut 3-dimensional packages (video)
- See Thru Santa Tags (video)
G I V E A W A Y
Please leave a comment on this post for a chance to win this Bella Blvd Christmas Cheer Collection Kit and some Bella Bows!
Comment must be left by December 20, 2015, 11:59 CST. USA Only Please.
Winners for the week will all be notified via email and posted on the blog on December 21, 2015.
A huge thank you to Bella Blvd for sponsoring the giveaway today!
Don't forget to use coupon code handmadeholidays for 10% off all in-stock items between December 14-17 at www.ellenhutson.com.