Welcome to Day 6 of my last minute Handmade Holiday 2015 Series!
I'm back with another year of last minute handmade ideas! Even with the craziness of the season I like to be able to add handmade touches to gifts for our friends and family. All this week I'll be sharing quick (an hour or less) Handmade Holiday ideas for cards, tags and gift wrapping sure to add that handmade touch we all love. Most ideas will include multiples (today I created a set of 4 penguin peek-a-boo tags)!
In addition to sharing Handmade Holiday projects all week, I am extending this year's series by two days for a total of seven days of inspiration! Plus, I am especially excited to share that after reaching out to several companies and online stores, there are amazing GIVEAWAYS each and every day!
PEEK A BOO GIFT TAGS
We've only got two days left in this year's Handmade Holiday Series! The Pretty Pink Posh Peek-A-Boo Die is one of my favorites from 2015. I created some peek-a-boo tags with the new Sunny Studio Bundled Up penguin images. The Lawn Fawn Gingham Backdrops border stamp makes the best buffalo check plaid and the MISTI helps line it up perfectly on these Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Banner Duo 2 tags.
To create these tags I stamped the penguin and accessory images from the Sunny Studio Bundled Up Stamp Set on smooth white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the images in with Copic Markers and die cut all the images with the coordinating Bundled Up Dies. I added detail to the eyes on the penguins with the Sakura Black Glaze Pen and Sakura White Gel Pen. I added Glossy Accents to the beaks on each of the penguins and the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen to the white areas on the winter hats.
For the tags, I die cut Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red Cardstock using the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Banner Duo 2 and Pretty Pink Posh Peek-A-Boo Die. Before snipping the center of the Peek-A-Boo die, I stamped the front of each of the tags using the Lawn Fawn Gingham Backdrops Stamp and the MISTI Stamping Tool with Lawn Fawn Black Licorice Ink.
I die cut Simon Says Stamp Slate Gray Cardstock and smooth white cardstock using Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Banner Duo 2 die. On the gray layer, I stamped the snowflakes from the Sunny Studio Bundled Up Stamp Set with Lawn Fawn Yeti White Pigment Ink.
I adhered the white and gray tags back to back and then adhered the red peek-a-boo tag to the gray tag. I tucked the penguins inside each opening and then added the accessories, securing them with glue dots.
I finished each tag by punching a hole and threading through black twine and tying a black bow to the top of each tag.
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
To watch the creation of these peek-a-boo tags from start to finish, click HERE or watch below:
S U P P L I E S
The letters below the thumbnails below link to stores where you can purchase the products shown in this post and video: SSS = to purchase from Simon Says Stamp, EH = to purchase from Ellen Hutson, SB.COM = to purchase from Scrapbook.com. Affiliate links used.
S I M I L A R P R O J E C T S
Looking for more gift tags, bags, and more ideas? Here are links to the 2015 Handmade Holiday Series projects:
- Day 1: North Pole Gift Card Envelopes with video (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson Online Store.)
- Day 2: Vellum Gift Bags and Reindeer Tags with video (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to the Lawn Fawn Online Store.)
- Day 3: Gift Card Holder Cards and Matching Envelopes with video (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp.)
- Day 4: Pretty Packages and Tags with video (Don't forget to leave a comment onTHIS blog post for a chance to win your choice of KBS Stamp Set.)
- Day 5: Bella Blvd Lined Fabric Gift Bags (Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance to win the Bella Blvd Christmas Cheer Collection Kit and some Bella Bows.)
Here are links to the 2014 Handmade Holiday Series:
- Gold Foil Monogram Gift Tags (video)
- Decorated Treat/Goodie Bags (video)
- Zipper Panel Gift Card Holder (video)
- Pretty Die Cut 3-dimensional packages (video)
- See Thru Santa Tags (video)
G I V E A W A Y
Please leave a comment on this post for a chance to win a $30 Gift Certificate to Pretty Pink Posh!
Comment must be left by December 20, 2015, 11:59 CST.
Winners for the week will all be notified via email and posted on the blog on December 21, 2015.
A huge thank you to Pretty Pink Posh for sponsoring the giveaway today!