Hello fabric loving friends!
Today I'm excited to be over on the Bella Blvd Blog sharing a new project using scraps of pink Bella Blvd Fabrics.
I love the look of pixelated heart quilted projects. I especially love hearts for February Valentine’s decorating but hearts are great for any time of year. I specifically chose scrappy 2 1/2” squares of pink Bella Blvd fabrics for my Scrappy Pixelated Heart Pillow to use for my Valentine’s decorating but by simply changing up the colors, this design could be used any time of the year.
What you need:
- 30 - 2 1/2” squares printed fabric
- 16 - 2 1/2” squares solid or neutral fabric
- 2 - 4 1/2” x 12 1/2” strips solid or neutral fabric
- 2 - 4 1/2” x 20 1/2” strips solid or neutral fabric
- 20” square solid or neutral fabric
- 4” x 20” strip solid or neutral fabric
- lining fabric
*Finished size: 20” square pillow form
Gather and trim 30 - 2 1/2” squares printed fabric and 16 - 2 1/2” square solid or neutral fabric.
Lay out squares as shown. Several of the squares will be half squares triangles when finished but just get the general layout of fabrics out in rows.
Sew 10 of the squares into half square triangles. Press towards darker fabric. Sew the fabric squares into rows as shown. Pressing each row in opposite directions, then sew the rows together for the center square.
Sew the 4 1/2” x 12 1/2” strips to each side of the square. Trim any excess off the ends. Sew the 4 1/2” x 20 1/2” strips to the top and bottom and square up panel to a 20” square.
Sandwich pieced pillow top, batting and backing fabric and quilt as desired.
Trim backing fabric and lining fabric into:
1 - 6” x 20” piece
1 - 14” x 20” piece
Sew the backing fabric to the lining fabric together, wrong sides together and overcast the edges.
Trim the zipper flap fabric to 4” x 20”. Fold in half and press. Sew zipper flap to the smaller backing piece along one long edge. Sew one side of the zipper to the top piece of the backing and the other side of the zipper to the bottom panel.
Pin and sew the backing to the front panel. Be sure to unzip the zipper halfway so the pillow can be turned right side out.
S U P P L I E S
- Riley Blake Bella Blvd Sunny Happy Skies: Pink Stripe
- Riley Blake Bella Blvd Snapshots: Pink Family, Pink Heart, Pink Stripe, Pink Cameras
- Riley Blake Bella Blvd Summer Breeze: Fish Tale Pink
- Riley Blake Blenders in Smoke Basic