Welcome to the February Inspiration and Release Week!
Today I did a little no line coloring with the new Fairy Friends Stamp Set and coordinating Dies, finishing the scene with the large Stitched Rectangle Frame Die. These sweet fairies and flowers make me long for Spring!
I stamped the fairies and flowers from the Fairy Friends Stamp Set on smooth white cardstock using Antique Linen Distress Ink and colored in the images with Prismacolor Colored Pencils, blending the coloring with Gamsol and Stump Pencils. The individual colored pencils I used for each image are listed below for easy reference:
- BLUE FAIRY: PC1085, PC1013, PC905, PC992, PC942, PC941
- PURPLE FAIRY: PC1085, PC1013, PC1009, PC995, PC946, PC941
- PEACH FLOWERS: PC1001, PC927, PC1005, PC1090
- SUNFLOWERS: PC914, PC940, PC941, PC1005, PC1090
- PURPLE FLOWERS: PC934, PC994, PC1005, PC1090
I colored in the fairy wings with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker for a bit of sparkle and glimmer. Once the images were colored I die cut them with the coordinating Fairy Friends Dies.
I die cut watercolor cardstock with the large Stitched Rectangle Frame Die four times. From one of the inside rectangles I die cut a grass border using a Meadow Borders Die. On one of the rectangles, I applied Tumbled Glass Distress Ink lightly. On the grass border I applied Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. I spritzed both with water from the Distress Sprayer and blotted the pieces dry with a paper towel.
Once the background and border were completely dry (I hit mine with a heat tool to speed up the drying time), I stamped the greeting and "sparkly" images from the Fairy Friends Stamp Set using Versamark Ink and embossed with gold embossing powder.
I assembled the scene using a combination of medium and bling Zots Glue Dots. I adhered one frame to a side fold card base and then adhered the center scene. I layered three more frames one on top of another for dimension to finish the card.
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
To watch the creation of this sweet fairy thank you card from start to finish, click HERE or watch below:
S U P P L I E S
The letters below the thumbnails below link to stores where you can purchase the products shown in this post and video: SSS = to purchase from Simon Says Stamp, EH = to purchase from Ellen Hutson, SB.COM = to purchase from Scrapbook.com. Affiliate links used.
S I M I L A R P R O J E C T S
More projects featuring the CHA 2016 Release:
- "Loads of Fun" Card featuring Lawn Fawn Loads of Fun Stamp Set and Dies (video)
- "Chirpy Chirp Chirp" Tote Bag featuring Lawn Fawn Tote Bag Die, Perfectly Plaid Collection, Chirpy Chirp Chirp Stamp Set, and Simple Stitched Hillside Borders (video)
- "I'm Rooting For You" featuring Lawn Fawn Rooting For You Stamps and Dies and Simple Stitched Hillside Borders Dies (video)
- "Have An Unbelievable Birthday" featuring Lawn Fawn Loveable Legends Stamps and Dies (video)
- "Sending Love Your Way" featuring Lawn Fawn You've Got Mail Dies (video)