Hello friends! I have wanted to make one of these tiny box tree advent calendars for years and have never gotten around to it. Well, with the Lawn Fawn Tiny Gift Box Dies and Celebration Countdown Stamps and coordinating dies, I no longer had an excuse to not just go ahead to do it. And you guys know me, I tend to gravitate towards gold with my holiday paper crafting and I love the challenge of taking Lawn Fawn products and creating an elegant project! I paired new and older Lawn Fawn patterned papers with Cream Cardstock and Champagne Glitter Cardstock for the boxes that make up my tree. Gold glitter, copper glitter, champagne glitter, and gold foil make up the majority of the accents for my elegant advent calendar tree.
The tree was created with tiny boxes die cut from Knock On Wood 6x6 Patterned Paper, Bokeh 6x6 Patterned Papers,Cream Cardstock, and Champagne Glitter Cardstock using the Lawn Fawn Tiny Gift Box Dies. I assembled the boxes, gluing them with liquid adhesive to make sure they stay assembled.
Here's the breakdown of how many boxes are needed for each layer of the tree:
- Tree base: Five boxes (brown - these aren't part of the advent calendar and are decorative)
- First tree layer: Seven boxes (variety of patterned paper, cardstock, and glitter cardstock)
- Second tree layer: Six boxes (variety of patterned paper, cardstock, and glitter cardstock)
- Third tree layer: Five boxes (variety of patterned paper, cardstock, and glitter cardstock)
- Fourth tree layer: Four boxes (variety of patterned paper, cardstock, and glitter cardstock)
- Fifth tree layer: Three boxes (variety of patterned paper, cardstock, and glitter cardstock)
- Sixth tree layer (top): One box (this one isn't part of the advent calendar and is just decorative)
For the tree topper, I die cut four stars from glitter cardstock using the Puffy Star Stackable die. I scored each star down the center and then adhered them together before gluing the star tree topper to the top of the tree.
Each of the tree boxes were decorated Celebration Countdown Stamps and coordinating dies, Mini Wreath Dies, Mini Snowflakes Dies, Finley's 123's Dies, Large Wreath greenery, and Tiny Gift Box bow and star dies.
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
To watch the creation of this 3-d tiny box tree advent calendar from start to finish, click HERE or watch below:
S U P P L I E S
Below you will find links to the supplies used to create this project. Click the icon for the store underneath the thumbnails to start shopping. Where available I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you!