Today I'm back with another card kit featuring the Simon Says Stamp December 2018 Card Kit, Holiday Cheer!
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
Watch the creation of this one layer card featuring masking and heat embossed layering from start to finish below or click HERE to watch in HD:
I love the look of one layer cards that still feature tons of texture, layering, and interest! Today's card is exactly that with adorable masked images from the Christmas Cheer Stamp Set from the December Card Kit!
I started my card by stamping and masking the Santa and sign pole images from the Christmas Cheer Stamp Set on Neenah Smooth White Cardstock. I used Hero Arts Intense Black Ink for the stamping and my favorite Simon Says Stamp masking paper for the masks. I inked over the background and masks with Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks, lightening the inking towards the bottom of the design to give the "illusion" of snow.
Once the background was inked I removed the masks so I could start coloring. I like to do all my background inking first and then color so that if there is a mistake I haven't already spent tons of time coloring my image.
The images were colored in with Copic Markers. The color combinations used for coloring are listed below:
Reds (Santa & pole): R37, R39, R89
Greens (list): G82, G29, G46
Browns (signs): E43, E44, E47
Blues (ice): BG0000, BG01
Neutrals (skin): E00, E11, E13, R20
Grays (Santa & pole): W00, W1, W3
After coloring in the images a sentiment was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder and then snowflakes from the Christmas Cheer Stamp Set were stamped along the top edge and down the sides, alternating between Simon Says Stamp White Embossing Powder and Hero Arts Sparkle Embossing Powder. The result is an icy, sparkly sky that sets of Santa perfectly!
Additional greetings from the Christmas Cheer Stamp Set were stamped on the sign pole to finish the scene using clear embossing ink and heat embossing with Simon Says Stamp White Embossing Powder.
- Lawn Fawn Chunky Glitter was applied to Santa's hat brim and pom pom.
- A white opaque pen was used to add scribbly lines to the list.
- Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter was applied throughout the design for a light "dusting" of snow.
- Nuvo Crystal Drops in White Blizzard was applied to the "ice" underneath Santa and also to the centers of some of the stamped snowflakes.
- Nuvo Crystal Drops in Gloss White were applied throughout the sky to continue with the "falling snow" feel.
- Glossy Accents was applied to the red/white pole for a glossy finish.
- If you missed out on the Limited Edition 2018 Holiday Card Kit and liked the layered snowflake technique from that video (cards shown below), this Santa card was the one that inspired those and you can create similar results with the snowflakes from this Christmas Cheer Stamp Set in the December Card Kit!
- The Comfort and Joy Stamp Set used for these cards below is also still available! Grab your favorite cardstock colors, 2-3- colors of embossing powder, and create your own beautiful embossed layered snowflake cards! No kit required!
S U P P L I E S
Below you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Click the icon for the store underneath the thumbnails to start shopping. Where available I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you!
Get ready for Black Friday shopping at Simon Says Stamp and create project lists so you're ready when the sale starts! Click HERE to learn how to create project lists.