Welcome to the February 2022 edition of my Simon Says Stamp monthly series, Making the Cut! This series featuring all things die cutting. This month I am sharing a flat shaker card with components from the Simon Says Stamp To The Moon Release and also the And Back Again releases!
Affiliate links are used throughout this post at no additional cost to you. This allows me to keep bringing you content. Thank you all for your support!
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
Watch the creation of this wreath of love flat shaker card from start to finish below or click HERE to watch in HD:
WREATH OF LOVE FLAT SHAKER CARD
- Simon Says Stamp Chickadee
- Simon Says Stamp Layered Birdie
- Simon Says Stamp Wreath of Love
- Simon Says Stamp Nested Hearts
- Simon Says Stamp Tossed Hearts Background
- Simon Says Stamp You Are Background
- Simon Says Stamp Friend Greetings
- More supplies linked in the supply list at the bottom of this post
The Simon Says Stamp Tossed Hearts Background was stamped on two 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panels of Hero Arts Pebble Cardstock with SSS Stone Ink. The Simon Says Stamp You Are Background was stamped over the heart background with Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment Ink for the subtle layered look.
The Simon Says Stamp Wreath of Love was die cut from one of the panels to create a heart-shaped window. A greeting from the Simon Says Stamp Friend Greetings was stamped below the heart opening with black ink as shown.
The second panel was trimmed to 4" x 5 1/4" and a leftover piece of packaging was wrapped around the panel and secured on three sides. Shaker material was added to the flat shaker and then it was secured.
The heart window panel was adhered over the shaker.
- Layered Birdie: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, E81, E84, E87
- Chickadee: E81, E84, E87, W00, W3, W7, W9
- Wreath of Love: E40, E43, E44, E47, BG90, BG93, BG96, BG70, BG72, BG75, RV93, RV95, RV99
- Hearts: BG90, BG93, BG96, BG70, BG72, BG75, RV93, RV95, RV99
The Simon Says Stamp Wreath of Love was die cut three more times from smooth white cardstock and adhered one on top of another in the shaker frame opening and finished with the colored wreath. The chickadee and layered birdie were adhered as shown and the eyes finished with Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony.
The hearts were adhered to the card with foam adhesive squares. Gemstones were scattered around the design to finish the card.
S U P P L I E S
Below you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Click the icon for the store underneath the thumbnails to start shopping. Where available I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you!