Happy Wednesday! It's been a minute since I've done a one layer tri-fold scene card and when I saw the brand new darling Toadally Unfrogettable Stamp Set and Build A Frog Pond Stencil included in the August Kit I knew I wanted to create this fun one layer design! This card does take a bit of masking prep work and quite a bit of coloring but the end result is so worth it!
Affiliate links are used throughout this post at no additional cost to you. This allows me to keep bringing you content. Thank you all for your support!
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
Watch the creation of this tri-fold one layer unfrogettable card from start to finish below or click HERE to watch in HD:
UNFROGETTABLE BIRTHDAY TRI-FOLD CARD
- Simon Says Stamp Toadally Unfrogettable August 2021 Card Kit
- Simon Says Stamp Toadally Unfrogettable 6" x 8" Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp Build A Frog Pond 4" x 9" Stencil
- Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy Envelope
- More supplies linked in the supply list at the bottom of this post
Bristol Smooth Cardstock was trimmed to 12" x 5 1/2". The card base was scored at 4" and 8".
Images from the Simon Says Stamp Toadally Unfrogettable 6" x 8" Stamp Set were stamped on Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Lawn Fawn Jellyfish No Line Coloring Ink and masked with SSS Masking Paper. Hint I used the Memory MISTI (12" size to stamp the 12" long panel! It worked like a charm for this oversized card base!
The water for the scene was stenciled with the Simon Says Stamp Build A Frog Pond 4" x 9" Stencil using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Ink. The clouds were stenciled with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink. The lily pads were stenciled with Lucky Clover Distress Oxide Ink.
The masks were removed and the images colored in with the following Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:
- Frogs: Mid Green, Olive Green, Pale Yellow
- Ladybugs: Carmine Red, Light Carmine, Gray, Gray Tint
- Butterflies: Gray, Gray Tint, Bright Yellow, Yellow, Peach Pink, Sugared Almond Pink
- Dragonfly: Blue, English Lavender, Gray, Gray Tint
- Flies: Gray, Gray Tint, English Lavender
- Cattails: Deep Green, Light Green, Mid Brown, Beige
- Leaf: Light Green, Yellow Green
- Lily Pad: Green, Yellow Green, Purple, Sugared Almond Pink
Black fine tip pens were used to add detail to the frogs.
Greetings from the Simon Says Stamp Toadally Unfrogettable 6" x 8" Stamp Set were stamped on the card with Lucky Clover Distress Oxide Ink and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide Ink.
Little Trails from the Bee Happy Stamp Set were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink to the card as shown. Extra waves from the stamp set were stamped with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Ink along the bottom edge of the card to finish the design.
S U P P L I E S
Below you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Click the thumbnails to start shopping. Where available I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you!